– Should you invest in hair extensions? HELL YES! Worth every penny. The entire process was explained in great detail by Allana and I felt educated to make an informed purchase decision. The new salon space is cool, industrial chic and the staff are welcoming, helpful and pleasant. My hair looks amazing… I get compliments everywhere I go. THIS is the hair I was always meant to have. Thank you Allana & team.
– Allana is a master at hair extensions – she is really gifted. Everyone at the salon is friendly and professional. The new location is easy to get to and lovely. I highly recommend Extology for all hair care needs!
– Allana and her team of professionals are the very best of the best. If you’re looking for the best in style, the best in Luxury, and the best in expertise, then Extology is the place hands down. I’ve been going to Extology for several months. After doing extensive research for extensions experts and color/style experts in the Metro Boston area to prepare for my Wedding this past July, I found and fell IN LOVE with EXTOLOGY! I was not only gorgeous for my Big Day- but every visit since, Allana has brought her rock star vision, professionalism, and talent to our appointments and I have never looked or felt more confident in my life! I love this crew. Each pro is wonderful. Their luxury product, modern new Salon, and all the fun you have at a visit makes Extology my #1! They should be yours too!
– I’ve been going to Extology now for 9 months after reading about the salon in 2016’s Best of Boston and they truly are No. 1. Allana is the most professional salon owner I’ve ever met and I’ve been to many salons over the years to compare. Her staff is just as warm, friendly and professional.
The hair products they use are amazing (Unite) and you will immediately see the results of the products they use. You will walk out of salon with shiny healthy beautifully styled hair.
– I just had the best visit to Extology! Their new location is absolutely fabulous. It was super easy to make an appointment and they were very welcoming when I arrived 🙂 I got a haircut and blowout with Alison who was very warm and welcoming and did a fantastic job – I will certainly be back very soon!
– Allana is an ARTIST.
Allana is a BOSS.
Allana is PATIENT.
Allana is a RIOT.
Allana has a HEART OF GOLD.
I live in Los Angeles now but I absolutely love coming here to get my hair done whenever I’m in town to visit my father. Previously, I lived in NYC for over a decade and she’s just as talented as top stylists there. This incredible woman knows everything about extensions and how to treat your hair so it either a) remains healthy or b) gets healthy. She’s a great communicator and she actually cares, unlike some hair stylists. I’m admittedly nitpicky about my hair extensions, cut, color, etc…but I never feel like I’m a bother if I’d like something slightly tweaked. She’s just like “yup, let’s get is 100% the way you want it”. And boom! It’s done.
Okay, I could go on all day about how fantastic this woman is but, bottom line: go this salon!
You’ll be in terrific hands with talented, caring people who know hair.
Allana has selected a team of fantastic people to work at her salon – so if you can’t get an appointment with her, you’ll still be in good hands.
Kelcee (who will probably kill me for writing this) seems like Allana’s protege. She’s on the ball. And special shout out to Allie, who (wo)mans the ship expertly & empathically.
I highly recommend this place.
– I cannot say enough about this salon – Allana is amazing. ! She transformed my daughter’s mistake of a short haircut into a beautiful long head of hair that looks completely natural. She took hours (13 to be exact) to make sure everything was perfect. It isn’t an inexpensive process, but the result was worth the cost. I had my hair cut and colored by Alison P., and I love it. Everyone that works at Extology is nice, no snooty attitude, no pushing products you don’t need. Highly recommend!
– An exquisite and flawless extension expert, Allana from Extology transforms my entire look every time she does my hair. Her work is flawless. Others who have extensions themselves are shocked when they find out I do since she makes them look so natural. A master colorist doesn’t even begin to describe Allana. Often I have been stopped in the street asking who does my my color and how can they find her. She is the most knowledgeable hair professional I have ever met. Prior to Allana I was left with severely damaged hair and bald spots from another salon. My hair is now healthy, gorgeous and radiant for over ten years straight thanks to her. All of the stylists at Extology are extremely skilled and the salon is usually a buzz with the enthusiastic sharing of ideas. The salon itself is comfortable and inviting and there is a wonderful sense of comradely among all of the stylists, making the time spent in the salon fun and enjoyable.
– I don’t trust many people with my hair, and today I found my new Stylist Lauren, she listened to exactly what I wanted and went above and beyond, probably one of the best cuts I’ve ever got! Now I’m anxious to go back for color with her! 5 stars all around
– This business is a hidden gem. Nestled in the north end by union wharf, they specialize in extensions but are a full service salon for everything hair. If you are just looking for color or a cut or treatment, they do a wonderful job. No waxing or anything non hair. Definitely not inexpensive, but trustworthy and small enough to say that literally everyone that works there is good . I know because I watch. It’s hard to find a good hair salon, and I found this place by accident more or less. Owner is nice and always there and her staff is hand picked and watched as result. A+
– I have been a client of Alison for eight years, and she is absolutely fantastic. She is *highly* skilled and has accumulated quite an impressive portfolio of prepping hair for professional modeling shoots. I am just a regular guy, so I make only modest demands on her considerable talents, but I like knowing that I am in the hands of a skilled and sought-after professional. Alison is a careful and thoughtful listener, and she gives her clients exactly what they request. What’s more, she always interprets requests in the way that makes her clients look the best. Alison has excellent taste herself, and after nearly a decade as her client, I also have become comfortable on occasion just letting her cut and style my hair however she wants. I always look good. Importantly, in addition to all of her professional skills, Alison has a cheerful, positive, upbeat, and absolutely charming personality. It always is a pleasure to see her, and I look forward to my appointments.
– You know the salons that are very judge-y and have stylists that look down their nose at you? Extology is the complete opposite of that. The girls are incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. I went to get hair extensions and I totally agree with Alana and team winning “Best of Boston.” Not only is she an expert, but she gives you ALL the details and even answers silly questions without judgement. I also loved the fact that all the after-care product and brush was included in the price. The process is long but the results are worth it! The number one compliment I get on my extensions (and only after I tell someone it’s not my real hair) is how natural it looks. I highly recommend the team at Extology!
– One word: AMAZING. I spoke with a friend after complaining about my hair extensions and she referred me to this salon in the North End. Lauren was AMAZING! I had a thorough consultation where she answered every question and provided every detail about hair extensions. She was extremely informed and knowledgeable. I decided on having Lauren do the extensions and her work was meticulous and the result was PERFECTION!!! The salon was also great – super courteous and friendly staff. Simply cannot recommend Lauren and this great salon highly enough. You won’t be disappointed!!!!!
– I love this place! Lauren was so sweet and listened very well when I told her what I needed for my haircut. She is fun to talk with and is a super genuine, kind person. The other gal (owner I think?) was really friendly too and the salon just has a great vibe. I highly recommend Extology!!
– I visited Extology after purchasing a Gilt voucher. I just wanted to trim my layers and Alison did just that, plus gave me a fab blowout. The girls here are super nice and I love how intimate the salon is.
– Love my haircut – Lauren takes the time to listen and does a really really great job. Very nice, clean, small salon that I look forward to going to again!
– I don’t write reviews, but I had to write a review for this place. I had the BEST experience here. I came here because I found a gilt city deal, but I’m so glad I did. From the moment I walked in both Alana and Lauren were super sweet, offering me something to drink the moment I walked in. I had a single process, hair cut, blow dry, and post-color treatment done by Lauren. SHE’S EXCEPTIONAL. I came in with about 50 photos of different dark brunette colors, and from that Lauren was able to decipher something better than my high expectations! She’s truly an artist. It’s been 2.5 days since I got my hair done, and it it’s still holding the blow dry beautifully (a big deal for my fine/oily hair). I can’t say enough great things about this place! Great color, perfect hair cut, and relaxing treatment. Do yourself and take a chance on this place!
– Came here yesterday with a Gilt voucher for a haircut and had a wonderful experience with Alison. She was personable and really took the time to make sure the cut met my expectations. On top of that the salon is adorable and very clean. I would definitely return for another service here.
– Lauren was amazing! She talked to me in depth about what style hair cut I wanted and did exactly what I was looking for. She was also super sweet!
– Allana is truly the extension doctor. She is the most knowledgeable stylist I have ever met. I was a little apprehensive about getting extensions again due to the horrible experience I had at another salon. On my first visit, Allana inspected my hair for the quality and quantity to see if my very fine hair would work with the bonded extensions. She put a few in my hair and I waited two weeks to see how my own hair did with them. I will tell you ladies now, she is the FIRST stylist I have ever gone to for extensions that did a trial before. Most salons will just put them in your hair without testing out how strong your own hair is.
I have had them for two weeks now and could not be happier with not only the quailty of the extensions but how awesome I am feeling about my new do.
Thank you Allana for giving me the confidence to rock my locks.
– I followed Lauren here from the salon she worked at before. I am SO glad I did. Not only is Lauren THE best stylist I’ve ever had, but Extology is a wonderful salon. It’s clean, stylish, and comfortable. As soon as you enter and walk downstairs you know you’re in for an aesthetic treat. I always leave feeling great and get the exact cut and style I want.
– This salon is a secret gem! A super cute and modern setting on the Waterfront and when you come in you are greeted with the friendliest faces. I have been to salons all over Boston and NY. I have very fine frizzy long hair that has seemed to be impossible for stylist to work with since I was 13 and puberty gave me curls. I was lucky enough to have had Lauren do my hair now several times! She is an absolute doll and so knowledgable. She taught me what products to use to keep my color vibrant and shiny until my next color and she is always able to blow out my unruly hair into soft and smooth flips that last me all week. My hair will be in her amazing hands from now until forever!!!!!!!!
– I get color every three weeks and a haircut every few months, so yes, I’m pretty qualified to give an opinion :)) Allana is my stylist, and she’s amazing. She knows exactly what I like, and more importantly, listens and understands when I want something new and different. There is another stylist there, Lauren, who is also amazing (I’ve see her work 🙂 and she does this incredible head massage, I have goosebumps every time. They are both super professional and make sure their clients are always comfortable. The salon is small and very pretty and cozy, and with a big selection of teas, I don’t mind spending time there on a cold day. Plus, as other reviewers mentioned, all clients are super nice, so we do spend all the time talking about anything and everything.
– I went to Extology salon back in April for a consult for Allana, because my hair was ruined from a bad bleach job. We decided to go a lil darker to give my hair a rest from the blonde. She was able to add blonde extensions to give my hair the look I wanted.
Now 6 months later my hair is healthy and growing again. 🙂 I’m so happy I listen to my husband (this time) who said ” YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR”!
Allana is a Triple Threat! GREAT at Color, Extensions & Cutting hair.
– I’ve always known that Lauren does color like no one else – she somehow creates depth within my thinning hair, and makes it look like she used a couple of colors so it doesn’t look like the color is painted on. Always looks natural. This week Lauren did extensions for me and OMG – it looks absolutely fabulous!!! My hair looks fuller and is now much longer – and the color matches exactly with mine. I don’t feel any pulling and I haven’t lost any of the extensions through brushing my hair. I can sleep just fine, no discomfort. Lauren expertly applied the extensions and feathered them in perfectly with my hair. There is no way anyone would ever know it’s not my own hair. It’s soft and shiny, easy to take care of. I can’t tell you how happy I am!! Lauren’s expert touch and attention to detail are second to none.
I love the Extology salon – they’re truly top notch, and they use the best products. The extensions are real hair with keratin bonds, so they don’t damage my hair. I’m always so relaxed when I’m there, and I feel they really care about not only my hair but about me the overall experience I have. Every time I walk out of there I feel like a new person! You need to try this salon, even if you think you’re happy with where you go now. You will definitely have an experience here that will have you coming back again and again.
– A friend recommended that I visit extology salon to see Lauren. I got a cut and full foil and the results were fabulous!!! The products that she used were great and smelt awesome. I love my hair and got so many compliments on it. I will definitely be returning, Lauren was the sweetest and made me feel so comfortable. I highly recommend this salon!
– Awesome experience!! The salon is adorable and I so felt comfortable. Allana did my color and haircut , couldn’t be happier with the results. I didn’t feel rushed like I have at other salons. The other stylists and customers we very friendly and we all talked the whole time 🙂 I will definitely be back .